Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Summer Goals


* Bake a loaf of bread.
I realize some of you probably have this as part of your weekly routine but I've never done this myself successfully. (any tips or recipes can be left in the comment section!)

* Visit both the St. Louis and Springfield zoos.
We're taking Sebastian to the St. Louis zoo on his birthday but I've got a whole month to fill with activities so we don't notice how much we miss Brett while he's at ROTC camp.

* Declutter each room.
We're at the point where we need to implement the One In, One Out rule. I've already gotten rid of two of my least favorite wooden chairs (although our cool neighbor adopted them) and seem to always have at least two bags ready for Goodwill in our car trunk.

* Throw a special party.
I'm not the best at parties but I've always wanted to be. I'm going to try to put a lot of thought and energy into the details of Sebastian's fourth birthday party without making myself crazy. And maybe throw another kind of party if such an occasion calls for it.

* Successfully teach my son a morning routine.
We're starting preschool in the Fall so we're all going to have to get used to getting up early and looking presentable before 9:00 a.m. (or sometimes 10:00)! We've started a sticker chart that has pictures of each thing he has to do before he's free to do whatever he wants.

* Make friends with Jillian Michaels again.
I lost about six pounds in a month doing her work out and then lost ALL motivation as soon as I got back from Florida. Hello three pounds! It's time to make it a priority again.

* Take the kids to the local pools and parks.
Even when it's so humid and hot that we're all likely to be cranky before we get there.

* Make 11:00p.m. lights out time.
No exceptions.

* Obtain headboards for both beds in our home. Finish Sebastian's quilt and make pretty pillows to finish ours.
Because it's been eight years now and I think it's about time.

What's on your list?

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment