Friday, June 18, 2010

Four On The Fourth!


It's Sebastian's Golden Birthday year. I haven't had mine yet but that's what I get for being born on the 31st of the month. I've been brainstorming ways to make his first birthday party at our own house extra special and well styled considering he has requested a Mighty Machines birthday theme. For those of you without three year olds, it's a Canadian production on Netflix that has silly voice overs that make big trucks, tractors, cranes, trains, etc. talk about what they are doing. He loves it. I've learned a few things, I'll give it that much.

When Ruby was born Brett's mom started searching for a #4 sign to signify our larger family (note the large 3 in our bedroom) and we finally found this one. It has a #5 on the other side just in case....you know...we decide to do that again. It's found a temporary place on Sebastian's side of the room since he's going to be four on the Fourth of July. Next year, we can just flip it over. I can't remember now where it was purchased from since it was gifted to us by Brett's mom but it was a vintage shop on Etsy. (If I come up with it, I'll pass that along.) EDITED: The store is Hindsvik and you can find more vintage goodness here.

In the meantime, I'm jotting down all the ways I can make Sebastian's party light on the truck theme and heavy on the creative side. I'm going with two shades of blue, kraft paper brown, and the mustard yellow of a Tonka truck. I saw this cute idea on OhDeedoh this morning and will probably make our own version of mud pie with yogurt, crumbled brownies and gummy worms in plastic cups. There will be paper bunting, kraft paper dot garlands, and a cake with a tractor on it. If you have any links to great boy party ideas, I'd love them!

xoxo,
Rachel

p.s. If you're related to Sebastian OR know him well enough to know his favorite Starbucks treat AND favorite place in town to cool off, consider yourself invited. I'll get those official invites out to you soon but we're celebrating on July 2nd this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment