Wednesday, June 23, 2010

My Little Caged Bird

Up until this week, we've been co-sleeping with Ruby. I have enjoyed having my warm little bundle next to me as I fall asleep and the ease of nursing without having to be awake for awhile. I know it's helped us bond in a special way but she's big enough now that she ends up wiggling her way over to Brett's side and whacking him in the back with her arm and waking him up a few times a night. It was cute the first time.

In order for all of us to be well rested, we're teaching Ruby to sleep in her crib and fall asleep by herself. I've moved her crib into our room so as not to disturb Sebastian's sleep in the process. She's taken to it better than I expected and almost made it through the night last night. She has been a better self-soother than Sebastian so there's usually only a few minutes of crying before she's out like a light.

Do any of you have young kids sharing a room? What did you do to get to the point where they were both sleeping in there together?

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment