Monday, June 14, 2010

Date Night!

Brett and I had our first date night in awhile while on vacation in Destin, FL with my side of the family (thanks Mom and Dad). It was only a few short hours but getting to spend focused time on each other was so good for us. I felt like I was in college again. Here is the obligatory beach pose that strangers kindly offer to take for you when they see you trying to do it yourself at arms length.

We walked from our condo to the Back Porch for some indoor/outdoor dining only to discover their power had gone out and we'd have to wait almost an hour to be seated and eat. We were on foot so we sat out back on the picnic tables and people watched, trouble shot the Typepad blog problem, and talked about how much the girl in front of us looked like me in college. SO MUCH.

She ended up offering to take our photo. Then she and her parents were seated at a table next to us. It was like we were all on a date together. Ha! Apparently the power came back on and we enjoyed the local fare and ice water with lemon in pretty pink plastic cups.

I wore my new shoes even though my nail polish was slightly worn from all the pool time.

We walked along the beach and picked our way through the boogery, mossy seaweed that had collected all week along the shore line. Not as bad as tar balls, but not so fun to find in your swim suit. We decided our precious date night was our honorary anniversary celebration and made it official in the sand. Not that kind of official! It was still light outside.

We had a fabulous week in Destin with my family but Sunday was extra lovely thanks to this little time spent together. The last time I was in Destin was the summer before Brett and I were engaged so it was special to finally enjoy it as a married woman and mama to boot!
It's been quite the exciting eight years! Here's to many, many more.


xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment