Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Belted

I found this vintage dress in Elsie's stash and decided it needed a little work before I wore it out for date night. I took in the sides a few inches, as it was really wide, and took about four inches off the bottom before hemming it. Being just 5' 4", I needed it a lot shorter. It's been fun to experiment with sewing and reworking stuff for myself again. Here's another little dress I made from a denim jumper.

Don't mind the awkward facial expression. I think it must've been the pre-vacation crazy in my eye! This one was about six inches higher on top and too narrow around the chest so I cut it down and made a casing for a piece of elastic that only connects from shoulder to shoulder so it doesn't gather in the front. I used some scrap from another denim jumper to make a belt and gathered it in a little for some shape. The sides still have a nice shape to them and the denim is pretty sturdy so it's flattering for the most part. Now I just have to find it at the bottom of the clean pile.

In other news, I'm offering a summer discount on all ad sales! You can sponsor Smile And Wave at 20% off the regular rate for July, August, and September. With over 115,000 page views a month, summer rates are well below competitive prices for similarly sized blogs. If you're interested in getting in before spots fill up, e-mail Leigh-Ann @ FreckledNest (@) gmail (dot) com.

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment