Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Ruby's New Dress

Ruby got a new dress from an online friend recently. It's made from 100% recycled scrap fabrics and can easily last her through the Fall when layered with a onesie and leggings. We did a little photo shoot to show it off but didn't get a chance to add the adorable (large) patchwork bib that came in the same package because it's in the wash!

Poor Pitiful Pearl offers a variety of refashioned, ready-to-wear clothing as well as commissioned pieces for ladies and little girls. Her work reminds me of Pismo Beach in California! PPP donates 10% of all proceeds to the Casa Hogar Orphanage in Mexico. You can check out her website and read more about her business here. Thanks for Ruby's adorable pieces, Shauna!

I think she's already learned how to strike a pose.

While I was taking her photos she kept staring at this owl alphabet poster from Gingiber. She was mesmerized! This is the corner we chose to put Sebastian's big bed which will make for lots of photo shoots in the near future because it gets decent light and has a dramatic shadowy corner. And apparently my model will sit still!

If only for awhile...

Anytime Sebastian enters the room Ruby lights up and makes noise. She loves when he's around!

Lately we've been checking out one of our eight or nine globes and learning about a few choice countries. He knows about China thanks to Kai-Lan, Australia thanks to the Wiggles, England thanks to Thomas the Train, and we told him Diego was from Brazil, although I realize Diego speaks Spanish and not Portuguese...I was under pressure. He knows the orange state is Missouri, the yellow one is Oklahoma and that his friend, D, came from Ethiopia. Every night before bed he wants to talk about the globe and I'm so thankful for an opportunity for easy learning that I always oblige.

I almost had to remove the globe from his bed tonight. It's his new favorite thing besides singing Baa, Baa, Black Sheep and having everyone pile on his new bed to read Llama, Llama, Mad At Mama. It's an adorable book. Thanks, Katy!

I want time to stop so I can soak these ages in. I'll restart it when I'm good and ready.

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment