Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Part Where I Start Yet Another Project

This is the start of organizing my blocks for Sebastian's new quilt. He's getting a full size bed for his birthday so I've got a little over a month to get this finished. I took color and pattern inspiration from an image I found online of the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills. Brett watched the kids all afternoon so I could get started on this monster. He deserves an afternoon out on the open road with his Vespa, don't you think?

I'll share progress as I go. It won't fit in my studio unless I move our dining room table into the corner so working in big chunks of time is rather important if we want to be able to make it through to use the bathroom. I have most of my blocks stitched together and ironed flat so the next step is choosing what kind of pattern I want them in and pinning rows and columns. This makes project #6 in the works!

What did you do this weekend?
xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment