Thursday, May 20, 2010

Book Talk

Just imagine it...

a good book, summer sun, and iced tea.
What's on your reading list?

I'm planning to join the Summer Reading Challenge hosted by

Susan at A Southern Daydreamer Reads.


The following books are on my list for now.

I'll be adding more as time goes by.


Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen by Susan Gregg Gilmore

Ms. Gilmore's writing was compared to Fannie Flagg's in one review I read.


That's all I need to know!




Saving CeeCee Honeycutt by Beth Hoffman

I haven't read Ms. Hoffman's books before but I read the reviews on Amazon and this sounds like my kind of book.
The story takes place in Savannah. Woo hoo!


Can't wait to read


The Fixer Upper by Mary Kay Andrews.
Mary Kay Andrews writes about women, friendships, and the south.
The best combination!
I've really enjoyed her other books.



I want to be the very best teacher that I can be so I'm revisiting


Practice with Purpose by Debbie Diller.

This is a fantastic book for upper elementary teachers of reading.


Also, Lisa hosts The Hospitable Book Club that I'm going to join.

She usually names a book that we read and discuss.

You can see my thoughts on



What else do I need to add to my list?

No comments:

Post a Comment