Sunday, May 16, 2010

An Afternoon Well Spent

Sebastian asked for a fort so we put his table on his bed, covered it with blankets, and added a few books to the mix. He wanted to sleep with his fort up all night so we let him, along with his trains. Last week it was a basketball and Percy every night. And then there's always Teddy.

He has so many bedtime rituals that can exhaust me by the time we're through but I've noticed lately that he's letting a few of them go and I'm kind of mourning the loss of them as he grows into his almost four year old self. In fact, the very bed he sleeps in is no longer big enough to contain those long legs so we're on the look out for a big boy bed. For now, though, I'm going to keep building the forts ,and reading the books, and putting up with the bedtime check list while he still wants me to tuck him in and kiss him goodnight.

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment