Monday, May 17, 2010

Flower Planter Update

The idea for the balcony flower planter was to make a custom piece that would wrap around and cover the bottom gap where Little Foot likes to poke his head through. We want to be able to let him hang out there without worrying about him somehow falling through the gap (we're one story up and above a driveway).

My husband made four pieces that will fit together:

flowerbox-pieces-leftside

flowerbox-pieces-rightside

We need to move the existing potted plants out of the way and fit all the pieces together.

flowerbox-pieces-middle-long

We still need to figure out some sort of mini-drainage system, paint it, and fill it up with soil and plants (my favorite part!). I have a view of the balcony from my desk so I can't wait to be able to look over and see beautiful flowers everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment