Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My Daughter Growls

I have had this plaid cotton for at least a year and a half and FINALLY decided it was my best bet for a headed into fall type smock. I used the same basic premise as a pillow case dress but based the width off of an existing loose dress and the length magically worked out perfectly for a smock. A dress length would've been too long as she's quite the crawler and it may have even swallowed her whole.

The mint blue is extra, extra wide double fold bias tape from Wal-Mart. I used it for the tie at the shoulders by sewing it shut. It made it through the wash intact, too!

I was in a little bit of a hurry to photograph it so pretend you don't see my loose thread at the ends!

Keep pretending!

Pretty soon Ruby's two bottom teeth won't be the only ones that show up in photos. She's been working on her third these last few days, which means these last few nights have been a little hit and miss in the sleep department. It's safe to say that Ruby is looking much cuter than I am this week. It comes with the territory sometimes, right? ;)


If you are interested in the step-by-step process you can see one version of the pillow case dress here and another here and you can probably think of five more. Feel free to leave links in the comments section.

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment