Sunday, August 22, 2010

The First Day Of Preschool or The Longest Day Of My Life


Sebastian is off to preschool this morning with his new red backpack, his new red cot blanket, and his new red WITH TRACTORS pillow. (I'm writing this early in the morning having just finished sewing together his new red cot blanket and red WITH TRACTORS pillow so we haven't actually sent him out into the world on his own just yet.)

I'm talking myself into thinking about all of the things I will be able to do with my days when Ruby is napping (she takes some long ones!) but I'm pretty sure tomorrow will be spent wondering if he's wandered out of the bathroom with his underwear around his ankles looking for help with pulling them back up, or if he'll go hungry because the lunch options won't include any of the FIVE things he will actually eat, or what the teacher will think she heard when what he actually said was F.R.A.G.O. because his dad just got back from Army camp and we've been using that term a lot.

I know, he'll be fine. Right? And I'll be the one crying, right? I'm so proud of my son and how excited he is about trying something so new and unknown and can't wait to hear how it went. And I'm really hoping he won't be disappointed when he realizes he gets to do it again and again for about 18 more years.

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment