Saturday, August 28, 2010

Digging Out From Under The Laundry Pile

source

So my house has slowly turned into a disaster zone with piles of projects needing to be finished, laundry to wash and/or put away, shoes without mates, toys stuck in every nook and cranny of the kids' room, an organ that doesn't work and is STILL in my house, and three extra chairs that need posting on Craigslist. Whenever I have a moment or an hour to myself I think,"You should probably use this time to tidy your studio or fold that clean load in the dryer." And then I look at myself sternly. However, I'm not afraid of myself and I tell myself to put my feet up and catch up on a few blogs or make something just for fun. And the cycle continues.

So, I'm wondering...how do you set the stage for a good old fashioned deep clean in your house? Hire a sitter and order pizza? Send any extra people out for the day so you can focus on the dust bunnies? Take it an hour or two here and there all week in order to fit it in with your own busy schedule? Medication and loud music? Ha!

I know you'd love to see a photo for proof but I dare not loose something of this nature out into the great wild web. You'll just have to use your imagination on this one. ;)

Messy but happy.
xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment