Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Pretending to Fly Away on Paper Airplanes

I'd love to be with my family on a city exploration vacation this week. I've been craving another summer time road trip to an unfamiliar place. One where we can collect those illustrated post cards with the name of the state in bold, interesting type across the front!

Rather than continuing to dream of one, I decided to channel that restless energy into a paper airplane garland to add some whimsy and fun to our dining room space.

I kept the leftovers out from a drawing party that Sebastian and his new friend, Hope, had last night while her mom, Katie, and I discussed our late night crafting habits and what not.

The string has been up since Sebastian's birthday party because I love the idea of a changing garland in this space that reflects each season/occasion. I folded paper airplanes while Ruby explored the underbellies of the new chairs.

Unfortunately, she's at the same sitting height as the uncomfortably hard lip of the seat.

So, while we wish for Brett to come home and take us on an adventure up Route 66, we'll enjoy our travel themed garland and color our own post cards.

Where do you wish you were today?

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment