Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Lovelies From This Weekend

So, I almost didn't stop at my favorite vintage joint in Mammoth Springs, AR this weekend because I wanted to spend more time with the kids and Brett's brother and sister but the opportunity presented itself in the form of a missed nap and waiting for long lost company (that I WISH lived so much closer to Springfield so we could see them all the time!).

I let Brett's sister drive us in the hip hop van in case we found a load of vintage. Ha! No, I really just like to listen to her music and pretend like I'm 16 again, too. Just kidding. Not really. Anyway...(tired)...I found the apple cookie jar first. I saw a big strawberry one and decided against it but then the apple one was less kitschy and I thought it should come home with me. A little ironic that a cookie jar is in the shape of a healthy fruit, though. Right?

I turned the corner and saw this one and gasped out loud. I've been a fan of this folksy, floral, embroidery piece ever since I first saw it a few years ago and figured it was one of those elusive finds. Imagine my glee when it was on the wall for $11.00. I took it to the front and the lady who is always working laughed and told me she found it, almost threw it away, then thought twice because she knew I'd eventually be in and that I'd buy it! It made my day that she not only recognized me but knew what kind of taste I had in vintage! I love that.

The silver bowls have yellow enamel in them. How pretty! One will go in my room on my night stand if I ever get all the clean laundry put away. The floral photo album is kind of beautiful, too. I think I may use it for an art journal cover because I have about 100 loose pages that are needing a home. I love that I'm needing to be picky and STILL finding good vintage!

Have you found anything extra special lately? What's on your dream vintage list?

xoxo,
Rachel

p.s. After looking at the bowls carefully, I discovered they are Catherine Holm of Norway! Even more of a treasure now!

No comments:

Post a Comment