Friday, July 9, 2010

The Books You Wish Wouldn't End

If you love to read like I do, then you know that you finish some books and think, "That was pretty good." 

Then there are the very rare books that you just absolutely hate to see end.

Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt was one of those books!

Girls, I thought I would write down some of my favorite parts of the book to share with you because I loved Beth Hoffman's writing style so much.  However, after awhile there were just so many parts.

Here is a short synopsis in my own words:

Cee Cee Honeycutt is a young girl whose mother, the former Vidalia Onion Queen, is mentally ill. Cee Cee's father is absent most of the time because he can not deal with the situation.  When mom is killed in an accidental run in with the ice cream truck Cee Cee is sent to live with her Aunt Tootie in Savannah, Georgia.  For the first time at about age 12, Cee Cee has people who love and take care of her. 

I call this genre southern fiction and it is my favorite!

If you enjoy stories about women, the south, and loving relationships you must read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment