Friday, October 8, 2010

Thursday's Thrifting Therapy

Typewriter #10

Ruby and I picked Sebastian up from pre-school on Thursday and had a few hours to ourselves with Brett at work so we headed to Urban Flea Market, previously known as Charley's, to see what kind of headboards they had in stock. Both beds at our house are STILL without headboards because I'm picky when it comes to things that enter my house. Anyway, it was more of an excuse to go in and browse than anything and I'm glad we did!

Found at Urban (Charley's)

I picked up this metal Tom Thumb childrens' typewriter to bring the typewriter collection to a total of ten. Now I need to update my kids' tetanis shots! I also found this vintage Bob Dylan album and brought it home to surprise Brett. He needed cheering up.

We woke up Thursday morning to find that his Vespa had been stolen. It was surreal. You may or may not have been here when I surprised him with it for his birthday earlier this year and can imagine how much it meant to him after years of dreaming about owning one.

avespa

We're meeting with our claims adjuster next week to talk about details and are trying not to get too discouraged about it. We've been keeping an eye on craigslist, shared it with local Vespa dealers, as well as the online Vespa community that Brett keeps up with just in case anyone happens upon it or news of someone looking for a part or something. I'm not getting my hopes up that the police will find it but there's always that chance. It's the only one like it in town and possibly the state as they no longer make this model.

Anyway, we're keeping ourselves distracted with some fall-ish activities this weekend. I am dying to try out this pumpkin-filled cupcake recipe and Brett has promised us a trip to Anton's Coffee in the morning. That list isn't going to last long! What are your weekend plans?

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment