Thursday, October 7, 2010

For That Age Old Conundrum

Noted
I was driving down Glenstone the other day and passed Anton's Coffee, a perfectly charming coffee shop/diner from long ago, and wondered why I'd never aimed our car in their perfectly charming direction. I was thinking this whilst coming back from a trip to FM Store, a surprisingly large interior with bolts upon bolts of upholstery and designer fabric, gorgeous trims, and quilt backing in all kinds of colors. (I didn't even know that you could get quilt backing in pretty colors unless you used a bed sheet!) I had always thought it was one of those stores with stock from the 80's that they'll never get rid of but keep plugging along because it's what they've always done, and thus had never been in there before! Well, they have some perfectly fantastic Amy Butler fabric for about $4/yd and the place was crawling with interior designers and their clients. Shame on me.
My Latest Bright Idea
Feeling inspired to try a few more new things in this perfectly charming little city, I decided to make a list of some doorways we've never haunted because as soon as anyone asks 'What should we do?' our imaginations shut down and we only remember places we've already been. All of the above places (minus Thai Peppers but it's been about a year) are places we shall try out before the end of the year or as long as we're feeling adventurous. And then we'll brainstorm a few more.

This to-do list is just a piece of smooth, pre-cut lumber from Lowe's that I sanded down and coated with primer and three coats of chalkboard paint. I was planning on anchoring it to the wall in the kids' room but I like it more as a traveling piece. A large tablet. A throwback to caveman days if you will. It's currently propped up in a safe place so it won't land on anyone's head and the list may or may not be transferred to something if we choose to use our 'tablet' for an art project instead. I like making up my own rules.

What are some places you've always wanted to go that you always forget are there?

xoxo,
Rachel

p.s. My old Halloween yarn wreath has finally made it's debut, as well as some white pumpkins and a few wooden acorns from Hobby Lobby. I've added the fawn and birds for a woodsy feel and have some garland ideas that I'll be sharing elsewhere later this month. Have you decorated for Halloween or Autumn in general?

No comments:

Post a Comment