Sunday, October 17, 2010

Round These Parts

Weekending

Ruby took her first steps this weekend!

Dressing For Fall

I was at home behind the sewing machine while Brett had the kids at the library when she surprised him. She wasn't interested in showing me when they got home but did it a second time while they were out that afternoon. I finally got to see it before bedtime and then today she took about six steps in a row while I was on the phone telling my mom all about it!

Dressing For Fall

In fact it almost felt like she was checking off her milestone to do list this weekend as she signed 'more' for the first time, is waving to everyone she sees, is saying something like 'bye' and 'uh-oh', and has figured out how to hold Sebastian's digital camera to take a picture! We've been signing with her for at least six weeks now and it just felt like she wasn't interested or we weren't making it clear enough and then all of the sudden, she did it back! I was so happy! We taught Sebastian sign language and I know it saved us months of frustration with figuring out what he wanted and helped other people in his life bond with him.

Weekending

We decided to have the boys get flu shots since they are both at school. Sebastian was very brave and still won't let me take his band-aid off because he's so proud of his shot.

They Got Shots

We had a busy weekend but Brett and I got to spend a lot of time together TWO EVENINGS IN A ROW because we got our kids down for bed at 7:45 p.m.! It's one of the few things I love about these long nights. I'd make every night date night if we could.

She's Walking!

I got to play outside with my kids, tackled some major sewing projects, slept a full 8 hours (twice), did some yard work, planned some meals, helped with laundry, and watched Brown Bear, Brown Bear become Ruby's favorite new book. Overall, it was another full weekend but the kind of full that I need.


This week look for a DIY of mine to magically appear on Elsie's blog along with many other exciting DIY's, how-to's, and recipes from some of my favorite bloggers and friends!

Be back soon!
xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment