Tuesday, September 21, 2010

On The Way Home I Stopped To Look

Prettiest Camera I Now Own
Imperial Mark 27
Etched Glassware, It's Been Awhile...

Ruby and I went shopping this morning after an appointment and discovered where all of the etched glassware in town is being sold! If you haven't been to Relics, Missouri's largest antique mall (or it will be when it's actually full of vendors), it's worth a look. There's a lot of big vintage walnut furniture for antique prices but there are plenty of other booths full of vintage eye candy from the 40's, 50's, and 60's. I also picked up a beautiful feed sack bedspread (the floral background), a brass beaded necklace, and wooden spools of thread in beautiful colors.

I'm in the process of decluttering our house so thrifting might seem to be working against that process but I just unloaded a bunch of good vintage at RVA and some regular boring stuff at Red Racks so I'm sticking to my 'one in, one out' guideline pretty well! I'm on a mission to only have things in our home that I'm smitten with when it's an option (portable dishwashers can't be helped, ya'll) and most of those things happen to be vintage. Which makes living in Springfield even better because the selection in town and the Midwest in general is pretty fantastic.

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment