Thursday, September 16, 2010

A New Favorite Vintage Dress

Yes?
I found this vintage striped dress in a Goodwill in OKC last month but had it stashed in the pile marked 'needs shortened' until this morning. I had a fun business meeting with Elsie and Emma over coffee so I threw it on, marked where my knee line was and just cut the rest off. Since it's polyester it's pretty forgiving in the short term. I plan on adding a rolled hem before it gets washed again but sometimes a girl needs a dress in a hurry!
The Girls
I had Brett take this photo on his way out to class and Ruby made her way over in between takes. She loves to be walked around the house these days. She's like a stomping little duck!
What Do You Think?
She doesn't like it when I call her names.
The Hair Is Getting LONG
She's also a biter.
laughing cause i can't not smile
Ruby! We're twinsies! Ruby of Cakies recently posted about how hard it can be to pose naturally for self-portraits and I couldn't agree more. I usually take between 10-50 before I can settle on a few that I like enough to share online because Photoshop can take care of those dark circles under my eyes but I've yet to learn to erase the ten pounds that slouching can add. I have to remember to pull those shoulders back, tuck that tummy in, smile with my eyes, chin up slightly, etc., etc...it takes awhile. I'm no Tyra Banks.

However, documenting 'dress days' is important to me. Being a work-at-home mom can sometimes leave me feeling like it doesn't matter what I wear since the kids aren't quite old enough to call me out for wearing my yoga pants all day. I do try to make the effort on a regular basis, though, in order to avoid cascading down that slippery slope of 'work out clothes' that suddenly make up 100% of your laundry pile. Plus now there is preschool drop-off and we're new.
Wardrobe Remix August 31, 2010
Elsie has been around with a great dose of courage in this venture into vintage dresses. She owns a vintage dress shop with lovely dresses in all sizes and she recently gifted me a darling tulip print dress from her collection for my birthday that I can't wait to wear next time we hang out!

What I want to know is if you've ever gone out in public hoping you won't see anyone you know because it's been days since you've showered or done laundry only to run into the ex-boyfriend/girlfriend...I know you've got stories!

xoxo,
Rachel

p.s. I'd love to see your vintage wardrobe if you have links!



No comments:

Post a Comment