Friday, September 4, 2009

Harvest



Don't you just love it when friends share their harvest? Our friends Dan and Sharon shared a big box of home grown tomatoes and peppers with us this week. I've already sliced and diced the tomatoes into quart size bags. They will be delicious in soups and stews this winter. I'm not real sure about all the peppers...any good ideas?


I hope you all have a great Labor Day weekend. We are visiting family. :) When we get back I plan to kick into serious fall fluffing. You girls who are already putting out your pumpkins are very inspiring.

Speaking of....it has been unseasonably cool here in Edmond, OK. The 80ish degree weather fools us into thinking that it should be this way. To keep it in perspective, they reminded us on the news last night that in 2000 it was 108 degrees on September 3rd. Now that was a record of another kind! Did I mention that the 80s are heavenly?!

No comments:

Post a Comment