Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Good to Eat

A cool September day calls for...





Taco Soup! I know it's not very original but nothing makes my guys happier. You do have the recipe, right? If not, here's my easy peasy version:

Taco Soup

2 lbs. ground beef

1 large chopped onion

small can of green chilies

Taco Seasoning to taste - 1 or 2 packets

Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing packet

Rotel tomatoes-2 cans

hominy - 1 can

Ranch Style Beans - 1 or 2 cans

Cook the ground beef and onions. Add all the other ingredients and simmer for an hour or two.

*This is a very forgiving recipe...you really can't goof it up. If you look at other recipes on line you may find something else that sounds yummy. This is just the simple version I've resorted to over the years. Some recipes call for corn but I don't care for the sweetness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment