Friday, November 5, 2010

We're Having A Pony Party!

We're Having A...Pony Party!
When I was thinking about Ruby's birthday party I remembered the toy horse collection I had as a little girl. It's still coming together but I'm really excited about the little details.

Birthday Bib for the Cakey Mess
I wanted to make Ruby a birthday cake bib to keep her dress slightly less messy when she realizes how good her cake tastes. I made this from a vintage doily that an online friend recently sent. I used a bib on hand for the pattern and cut out two pieces of drop cloth from an old project for the front and back. I stitched the doily on the front piece and then stitched the front and back together. Then I added vintage lace around the top edge and the bottom edge. A black satin bow finished it off.

My parents and grandparents are coming into town today to help celebrate. We're having a small party tomorrow, a day early, and I plan on taking lots of cute photos!

If you haven't checked out my November sponsors you're missing out! I've got lots of new faces and some fabulous regulars for your browsing pleasure this weekend!

xoxo,
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment