Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Help a Girl Out Please

Calling all my brilliant decorating friends. I have been stuck on my dining room for a month now and I really need help. I have taken several pictures so you can get the overall view. Please tell me what you think I need to do. Nothing you see in the dining room is set in stone except the furniture. All accessories are just there because I've been playing and moving things around.


The picture above is the living room that you see when you walk in the front door. It will not change I just wanted you to get the idea. The area is all open. See the accessories sitting on the floor? Well, I've had stuff sitting around here dangerously for awhile now.

This chest is in the front area which is adjacent to the dining room.

The dining room has been painted Echelon Ecru by Sherwin Williams. Most of the house is this color and I love it. It's a creamy color with a hint of yellow. It's really pretty on a bright day. I'm so happy that the red is gone. I was really tired of the darkness that it brought.

I bought this console table a few weeks ago. It's the first table that I've ever found that wasn't too deep for the space. We don't want the room to feel crowded because we actually eat in here pretty often with friends.

The other side of the room. I have played with the idea of drapes but today I'm thinking not. I like the clean lines of the shutters without drapes.

Remember, all accessories are subject to change so you won't hurt my feelings.

Here are my questions and thoughts:

1. Should I leave the girl print on the wall and reframe her? The frame is too small, I think. I still have that huge round mirror that used to hang there. You can see pictures of it here.
2. Should I get rid of the toile on the chairs? If I do I have no idea what to put there.
3. What do you think should be on the walls? You know I have red and white, and green and white transferware on the walls in other rooms.
4. I have to keep the rug for now. I do still love it.

Usually when I redo a room, I start with fabric for inspiration. This time it was a wall color change that prompted my dilemna. I'm confused!!

No comments:

Post a Comment