Saturday, February 27, 2010

Amazed!

Can I just tell you how much blogging amazes me?

Aside from the contact with the sweetest people on a daily basis...really cool things happen sometimes.

Quite awhile back I did a post about a chocolate fudge recipe that I've been making for years. The recipe is from The Second Typically Texas Cookbook. The person who submitted the recipe was Susie Clark of Milam, TX. Yall, the pie so wonderful...you just have to try it! The recipe link is over on my sidebar. Anyway, time passed and one day I got an email from Susie Clark!! She had Googled her own name and the blog entry came up. She told me that the recipe came from her mother in law. MIL shared the recipe because it was son's favorite. If I remember correctly, Susie has been making that pie for around 30 years! I just loved that contact.

Then yesterday, I got a comment from Suzan Colon who is the author of Cherries in Winter. Just amazing! How on earth did she find out that a few bloggers were reading and commenting on her book? I'm sure there's some huge search engine that informs people of these things...but I'm just gonna pretend that I met a famous person and it made my day!

Happy Saturday to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment