Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Birthday Ritual+10 Things



image via here

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

-Abraham Lincoln

Happy Birthday fellow Scorpios! This week I'm in the process of setting intentions -things I would like to have happen in my life between now and my next birthday. Self-care pro
Cheryl Richardson has a great little self-honoring ritual she does every year on her birthday as a powerful way to create a life with intention, and I've decided to give it a try. Here's the ritual:
  1. Schedule at least an hour of uninterrupted alone time.

  2. Think carefully about the year ahead and the intentions you have for your family and self.

  3. Review the prior year's intentions, and write about whether or not they came to pass and how they've affected your life.

  4. Set new intentions for the upcoming year, taking into account all areas of life. Your intentions might relate to your finances, your health, your career, spiritual growth, the dreams you keep putting off, or the areas of your life that need your attention for a while. Whatever type you set, keep them simple. What matters most is that they feel right to you. You'll know this is the case when you look back over the list and think, "Yes! This is exactly what I need to focus on or what I'd like to have happen!" Make sure to choose intentions that you're ready to put your time and energy behind. Setting intentions in and of itself is only one part of the process. Taking action to fulfill them is what inspires doors to open and pathways to clear.

  5. Finish the ritual by writing a letter to yourself, acknowledging how you've made a difference in your life and in the lives of others.
As Cheryl notes, it's sad but true: Most people spend more time planning their vacations than their lives. If we don't take the time to stop and consider where we'd like to be in a year, we may not like where we end up.

The beautiful, Micaela of Dolce Vita, was sweet to include me in her list of fabulous Sugar Doll bloggers and asked me to share 10 things about myself. I thought it'd be fun to make the 10 things about me, 10 things from my list of intentions. In no particular order...

1. Live in the now and appreciate where I am in life.

Picture 7.jpg
image via here

2. Finally take that trip to the wine country.


image via here

3. Take more photographs to document my life.

20090304010.jpg
image via here

4. Make those albums and scrapbooks I've kept pushing back to do later.

Anna_Wolf-469.jpg18- Instyle002.jpg
image to left via here; image to right via here

5. Read one book per month from my reading wish list.


image to left via here; image to right via here

6. Meditate everyday.

7. Take the time to practice yoga 3 times a week.


image to left via here; image to right via here

8. Alkalize my diet.

9. Give.


image via here

10. Remember that everything happens for a reason.

No comments:

Post a Comment