Monday, August 17, 2009

Taking a Leap

I've taken a bold leap and quit my well-paying stable career job as an appraiser to start my own business as a de-cluttering consultant and budget-friendly interior decorator. Is it crazy to quit my job considering so many other people have been losing their jobs in this rough economy? Yeah maybe, but I've always held the belief that you should do what you love. I thought I would love real estate but after 2 years I've decided that although its a fascinating industry its not what I am truly passionate about and I'm not one to settle. I've learned a lot and I have no regrets, but I have decided its just not the right fit for me. I believe that if you don't get it right the first time it's okay to change direction because you never really know til you try. To me, going for it just feels right. I'm young and don't yet have any kids so I feel like now's the time I can afford to take a little risk. As of today, I have 2 weeks left at my current job. After the two weeks are up I'll probably be taking a part-time job to help pay the bills while I go through the start-up period. Stay tuned! I'll be posting updates on my progress including a peak at my future website.

No comments:

Post a Comment