Friday, August 28, 2009

Celebration!


One year ago on August 28, 2008, after lurking around many of you for awhile, I wrote my first blog post. You can read it here.

It's so interesting to look back at that post. Nobody commented and that was ok. For a long time I was embarassed to tell people I had a blog. Sometimes I still am embarassed because it seems like such a frivolous way to spend time.

But in this past year I have said, "I love my blog!" so many times. It's really not just the actual blog itself but the connections I've made communicating with you. You are the nicest group of people. It's just so cool that we can connect in this way and discuss things that we have in common! You all inspire me to cook, decorate, plant, pray, learn, and be a friend. Those are good things!

I want to tell who I met first in blogland...though she didn't know me. I first found BJ at Rate My Space. I loved her decorating style and how friendly she was. Now I can't remember exactly how I found out about her blog. Seems like it was mentioned somewhere on RMS. When I visited for the first time and was just stunned by the world that opened up there. BJ, I used to sign my name Stacey in Oklahoma before I had my own blog. :)


Anyway, I just want to say THANK YOU to BJ and all of you from the bottom of my heart. You have coffee with me every morning and I just enjoy it so much! If you are ever coming through town I would love for you to stop and have a chat!

To celebrate this anniversary we will have a give away...be on the lookout...I haven't been shopping yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment