Thursday, July 2, 2009

Inspiring Designers: Katie Fine

When I first saw this home featured in the November 2007 issue of Glamour magazine I instantly fell in love with the way the designer Katie Fine created a beautiful space that was clean, sophisticated, and young. After I was done admiring, I tagged the pages and stashed away the magazine deciding it would serve as inspiration when it came time to design the interiors of my first home. Late last year though when it came that time, I looked for my copy of the magazine and was sorely disappointed that it was nowhere to be found -it must have gotten lost during our move. I hunted the internet for images hoping someone had scanned in the pages. No luck though...until recently!


I was so excited to find that earlier this year Katie launched her website and posted photographs of her work, including Emmy Rossum's home! Upon rediscovering the images, I realized that they had remained a source of inspiration despite me not having them available as a reference. I do believe it was Katie's design that influenced my decision to decide on a grey sofa, my most expensive decorating purchase to date.

Her designs may likely influence future purchases as well. When it comes time to buy a new bed it might just be one similar to this one:

Isn't it so chic?
Oh, and if I ever own a home with a backyard, one like this would be nice:
With cool hanging seating course..Hope you enjoyed this as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment