Monday, June 29, 2009

Favorites from Dwell on Design LA 2009

Although smaller than last year, Dwell on Design LA was still an interesting event. I had fun weaving through the exhibitor booths and taking shots of the things that caught my attention. Below are a few of my favorites:
~
Rain Collector from Hero 365
How cute is this? One day when I have a backyard, I'll be getting one of these!

Luxurious tub from Interiors from Spain

Reclaimed Space
This was probably my favorite exhibit. It featured a rustic modern structure built using reclaimed materials. I love this because it's an example of how you can reuse and repurpose materials that could otherwise end up in a landfill.
The interiors were designed by the team at ecofabulous in collaboration with the Jeffers Design Group. Most of the furniture in the house were pieces that were sourced from eBay and were reupholstered with natural tapped latex, covered in either recycled PET from Valley Forge, Mod Green Pod’s organic cotton or Q Collection’s organic wool fabric. Doesn't it feel so cozy?Guess who was inside touring the home same time I was? Anthony Kiedis from the Red Hot Chili Peppers -totally unexpected!Check out this outdoor shower!
Unfortunately I can't remember which exhibitor this was from!

Ultra cool bathroom exhibit from Hansgrohe

Lighting from TenOverSix
I loved the way they showcased this -the gold and white background really made this stand out.


Home spa system from Vedana
This one caught my attention because apparently it combines various therapies: aromatherapy, thermotherapy, light therapy, chromatherapy, and sound therapy. If you have one of these in your home you're definitely living in luxury!

Faucet from
Kohler
I liked how this was styled up with tropical accessories.


No comments:

Post a Comment